Have you finally decided to purchase an air conditioning unit for your home? Let us help you with a quick guide on the things you should look for when it comes to buying an air conditioner or looking for a local ac repair.
1. A few quick tips and tricks before you start looking for an air conditioner:
1. Go shopping for your next air conditioner during the colder months. In winter in particular, most appliance centers might run promotions providing big price deductions on off-season appliances such as air conditioners. Additionally, there are less chances for various air conditioner models to be out of stock, as there wouldn’t be a clamor for them during that time.
2. Consult with your electrician before your go for ac repair and service, and ask for his advice on what type of air conditioning system you should install in your home.
3. Read consumer reviews online for your shortlisted air conditioning units. More than any kind of specifications sheet, product reviews from actual users will be a great indication of the performance and quality of a specific air conditioner. Of course, you must always take various consumer reviews with a grain of salt, but it’s still a great way to get an initial read on potential air conditioning units.
4. Compare air conditioning units spec-by-spec online to get a better understanding of which air conditioners fulfill your needs the most.
2. Here are a few factors you should look for in an air conditioning unit:
1. A high energy efficiency ratio (EER) rating.
Air conditioning companies are always finding ways to make their new products more energy efficient than previous ones, so you have a better chance at finding air conditioning units with better EER ratings in newer air conditioner models.
2. A specifications list that matches your home’s cooling requirements.
Before you go shopping and scouting for air conditioning systems, be sure you’ve listed your specific list of cooling requirements for your home. And use this list as your guide when you look through the many air conditioner companies available to you.
3. A long warranty period that provides full coverage.
Already found the perfect air conditioners that fulfills all your needs? Don’t forget to check on the warranty its manufacturer provides as well as its scope. These days the warranty for various air conditioning units usually go for one to at most two years, and this would include the replacement of parts as well as labor.
4. Positive user feedback.
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, it’s important to see if your chosen air conditioner received mostly positive reviews. But the high average rating isn’t the only number you should look into: make sure to check how many reviews the air conditioner has gotten. The more reviews it has received, the more believable the rating.
5. Ideally your air conditioning unit also has the following features:
– A timer and sleep mode
– An indicator light to notify you if the air conditioning unit’s filter needs cleaning or replacing
– An energy saver function
– Oscillating vents that can evenly cool your space.